Sunday, February 13, 2011

We're doing it!

So, part 2 of Am I really doing this??
About 9 months ago now, Seth and I were sitting in church. Our church had decided to build a village in Jeremie, Haiti. In that village, there would be a school, a church, and an orphanage. As time went by and the construction began, we would see new footage of the kids and the village. One Sunday in particular, there was a video that tore us both up. We cried, separately but together and went home. I knew that day that we were supposed to adopt, we were CALLED to adopt. I didn't like it ONE BIT!! I have a good life, a normal, predictable, CONTROLLED life that I have made my way! Why would I want to mess with that?
So we were sitting on the couch that afternoon and Seth said "did you feel like God was saying anything to you today at church?" I said NO. He said "really, nothing?" I said "NO, okay maybe something but I'm NOT saying it!" I didn't have to ask, I knew he had the same stinking message.... He said "well I feel like we're supposed to adopt." DANG, this is no good.
I admitted that I too was told we were supposed to adopt and again, we both cried. I spent the better part of the next 7 months in denial for the above mentioned reasons. Finally, after being tormented in my spirit, I gave in, I told God YES, I would obey.
Since that time, I cannot tell you the affirmations, the blessings, the surprises this journey has held already. It's amazing. We are such a short time into this, but already, we see the hand of God.
So, for those of you that may have felt a little (or a lot) surprised about our decision, don't feel bad. You weren't nearly as surprised as me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment